Stefano Peschiera '18

Name: Stefano Peschiera

Major: Business Administration

Minor: Physics

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Lima, Peru

Tell us a little bit about yourself:I grew up in Lima, Peru. I have been involved in sports my whole life, I had to decide between playing soccer professionally or sailing professionally at a young age. After I graduated High School I was motivated by my family to try and qualify for the Olympic Games which is part of the reason why I came to the College of Charleston. 

Describe yourself in three words:Competitive, caring, and driven. 

What made you decide to come to College of Charleston?The ratio of women to men!! Just kidding, our great sailing team. Since I was recruited, I have been able to train, and therefore qualify for the summer Olympic games in Rio 2016! 

Tell us about a day in the Life of Stefano… I have a pretty tight schedule, I have an 8 am workout then I go cycling for two hours around Charleston. I then go to class until 2 pm. Sailing team practice starts at 3 pm and ends around 6 pm. After practice, my teammates and I usually eat dinner, and then I go to the library and finally end my day with another workout.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?In Tokyo 2020 summer Olympic games, fighting to win the gold medal.

What was the last Played Song on iTunes?"Hotline Bling" by Drake

Favorite ... Food: Sushi

Restaurant in Charleston: The Macintosh

Musician: Alanis Morissette

Netflix Show: Breaking Bad

Class at CofC: Business Statistics