Stefano Peschiera ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Stefano Peschiera

Major: Business Administration

Minor: Physics

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Lima, Peru

Tell us a little bit about yourself:I grew up in Lima, Peru. I have been involved in sports my whole life, I had to decide between playing soccer professionally or sailing professionally at a young age. After I graduated High School I was motivated by my family to try and qualify for the Olympic Games which is part of the reason why I came to the College of Charleston. 

Describe yourself in three words:Competitive, caring, and driven. 

What made you decide to come to College of Charleston?The ratio of women to men!! Just kidding, our great sailing team. Since I was recruited, I have been able to train, and therefore qualify for the summer Olympic games in Rio 2016! 

Tell us about a day in the Life of Stefano… I have a pretty tight schedule, I have an 8 am workout then I go cycling for two hours around Charleston. I then go to class until 2 pm. Sailing team practice starts at 3 pm and ends around 6 pm. After practice, my teammates and I usually eat dinner, and then I go to the library and finally end my day with another workout.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?In Tokyo 2020 summer Olympic games, fighting to win the gold medal.

What was the last Played Song on iTunes?“Hotline Bling” by Drake

Favorite … Food: Sushi

Restaurant in Charleston: The Macintosh

Musician: Alanis Morissette

Netflix Show: Breaking Bad

Class at CofC: Business Statistics

Maura Lonergan is currently a Freshman at the College of Charleston. Born in Singapore and then living in Hong Kong, she loves to travel and is looking forward to going abroad. She is a student athlete majoring in Business. Her work background consists of summers coaching sailing, and two movie marketing internships with MTV and Paramount Pictures. Her love of creative writing and being involved with such a great company lead Maura to be a Her Campus High School Ambassador, and she is excited to continue to work with Her Campus throughout her college experience!