This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With bikini season upon us, it’s finally time to start looking at swimsuits again. We all know we can’t swim suit repeat for more than one summer, so here are so seven swimsuit trends to try this bikini season! 

1. Extra Straps

by Victoria’s Secret 

… like lots of extra straps! 

by Forever21

2. Sportswear inspired swimwear

by L*Space Swimwear 

3. High-waisted bottoms 

by Urban Outfitters

4. Panels

These could be made of mesh or crochet, or just cut outs. A more modest neckline with little peaks of skin is popping up everywhere this season! 

by Forever21

5. 3D

Whether it be beading or tassels, adding a little extra excitement to your suit is easy! 

by Victoria’s Secret

6. The Naked Suit

Nude colors are extremely popular for swimsuits right now, and they look great with a tan! 

by Urban Outfitters

7. Textured suits

Don’t be surprised when you see denim, leather, and nylon replacing our usual swimsuit fabrics! 

by Nasty Gal 

Camila is a freshman at the College of Charleston, SC and a member of Delta Gamma. She plans to major in Marketing with a double minor Spanish and Communications. She is obsessed with any variation of mac and cheese and tweets often to the dismay of her followers. She loves puns and shopping and plans to severely deplete her savings account in the next four years on King St.