This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Take some time to spread thanks to family, friends, community, and even yourself this Thanksgiving!

Thank your family before giving thanks

Family is important, so take time to reflect on all your family has done that you are grateful for. Make sure to let your parents, grandparents, and other relatives know how thankful you are for them before the pressures of the holiday arrive. If things aren’t going so well with your family, try to make amends and perhaps relationships will improve while you feast on all the yummy food this year.

Reach out to old friends

The holidays are about being with those you love and care about. The list of loved ones can never be too long, so try and reach out to old friends where relationships may have faded. Suggest meeting up for coffee, or if you are feeling especially generous, host a Friendsgiving celebration.

Help out with holiday prep and celebrations

Holiday celebrations can be a lot of work and usually, most of it is done by the same people every year. Offer your help with cleaning or setting the table and you’d be surprised how grateful family and hosts will be.

Volunteer in the community

Your family and friends aren’t the only ones who want to celebrate this November. If you have some free time, consider volunteering at a local shelter or soup kitchen, or simply donate some thanksgiving food. Your community will be very grateful to celebrate with you and thankful for your help.

Thank yourself with some self-care

It is essential to take care of yourself this time of year. If you are in college, finals season is in full swing and balancing things can be stressful. Take some time to indulge in some sweets and relax with a facemask and a good movie.

Hello! My name is Corey Chamberlain and I am 19 years old from upstate New York. I am currently a sophomore at the College of Charleston and I am studying English and Secondary Education. Traveling is an important part of my life and I have been to 10 countries so far and plan on exploring more in the future. In my free time you can usually find me reading a book at the beach or hanging out with friends and family!