Peter Spearman ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Hometown: Mount Pleasant, SCMajors: English and Theatre-Performance

So, Peter, what made you want to come to CofC?Honestly I came here because they offered me the most scholarship money. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to study and didn’t want to get stuck in a program that I would regret.

What clubs and activities are you involved with on campus?Theatre pretty much consumes my life.

What do you like to do outside of class?More theatre, bike rides, board games, and Romanticism.

So, I’ve heard a little bit about these live music shows that you call Pop-Up shows, that you’ve been putting on.  Tell us a little bit about them.Addi Green, Matt Navey, Katie Jones, and myself organize house shows in hopes of making this town a better place as far as music goes. We’re all poor college students who love going to shows and noticed that there was a lack of free music in town so we did something about it.

What is your favorite … 

… Book?: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway… Movie?: The Royal Tenenbaums… TV show?: Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job… Class?:  It’s a tie between 16th Century Literature and The Romantic Body

Who is your celebrity crush?Alicia Silverstone (forever and ever amen)

Alex is a sophomore in the Honors College at the College of Charleston.  She majors in English with a concentration in creative writing.  In her spare time, she enjoys writing poetry, fiction, and songs, reading, drinking her own body weight in coffee and tea, playing guitar, singing, and enjoying the great outdoors!