This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Mom,

As I have gotten older, I have noticed that the time I spend with you has gotten minimal. Moving over 3 hours from home for college has made this even worse, but it has made me value the time I get with you even more.  

We may not have a relationship like Lorelai and Rory, but you’re still my best friend. I love you and value you more now than I ever have, and I am sorry it took me this long. You have always been my shoulder to cry on, my biggest supporter, and the one I can go to with anything. You are my hero and the one I will always look up to. You always seem to find the good in everyone and the bright side of every situation. I hope that one day, I am half the woman you are.

I cannot tell you enough how thankful I am for you, and everything you have done for me. I would not be the woman I am today if it wasn’t for you (and your self-help books of course). You have sacrificed so much and put me first in so many times, and I will never be able to repay you. The countless hours you’ve spent helping me with projects have meant so much to me. You are so selfless, and you have shown me what is truly important in life. I am sorry for all the times I didn’t treat you like you deserved or didn’t say thank you or didn’t tell you how much I appreciate you. You deserve the world and so much more. I am sorry it took me this long to realize just how amazing you are but better late than never.

I love you to the moon and back.

Love,

The Rory to Your Lorelai 

I am a Sophomore here at the College of Charleston. I am currently working towards an Anthropology & Biology major with a minor in Crime, Law, & Society. I really want to go into the forensics field or something similar. I love self-help books, stress baking, and hanging out with my sorority sisters.