This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Dear Best Friend,

Though there isn’t just one of you, you’re all important to me in your own special ways. 

First, I want to say thank you. Thank you for standing by my side, for being my rock, for being a part of my support system, for telling me the truth even when it hurts, for always knowing what to say, for being my family, but most of all, thank you for being a part of my story.

When or how you came into my life does not really matter, I am just so grateful that you did. You have been with me through so many good and so many more bad times that I don’t know how I would have made it through if you weren’t there. We are so similar in some ways that it causes us to argue or fight, but our bond is stronger than any fight.

You have had such a positive impact on me and my story. You have pushed me and helped me become the woman I am today. You have helped me find the courage within, to be the truest version of myself. You have helped me to realize what it truly means to be happy. You are the closest thing I have to a sister and I am so glad for that. You believed in me when I couldn’t believe in myself, and you have given me love when I felt as though I didn’t deserve it. You have supported me at my lowest and celebrated with me at my highest.

You are irreplaceable and will always be a big part of my life. No matter the time or the distance between us, I know that I can always count on you. We could talk once a day or once a month and it doesn’t matter, I know I can call on you at any time and you’ll be there, no questions asked. I may not say it much, but I am blessed to have you and so grateful that I do. 

I can only hope that the strength and courage you give me is half as much as you have within yourself. You are both physically and mentally beautiful and I am so happy that you have allowed me to be a part of your story. I pray that I am half as good of a friend to you, as you are to me. You are sassy, brilliant, strong, beautiful, and so much more. 

You are a woman I aspire to be. You deserve the world and so much more. 

Thank you for being you.

I am a Sophomore here at the College of Charleston. I am currently working towards an Anthropology & Biology major with a minor in Crime, Law, & Society. I really want to go into the forensics field or something similar. I love self-help books, stress baking, and hanging out with my sorority sisters.