This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year — that’s right, it’s spooky season. It’s time to bust out the cozy sweaters, hot coffee, and fuzzy blankets. Most importantly, it’s time to watch some Halloween movies. Are you wanting to have a movie night, but aren’t sure what to watch? Well, you’re just in luck. Consider this your guide to finding the best non-scary Halloween movies that will get you in the holiday spirit.

The Haunted Mansion 

Welcome foolish mortals! First up, we have The Haunted Mansion. This movie is perfect for anyone looking for a charming and slightly cheesy approach to Halloween. We get to see plenty of ghosts and a creepy mansion (screams Halloween to me!). We even get to witness some great Eddie Murphy humor. What more could you want? You can watch The Haunted Mansion on Disney+! So what are you waiting for? 999 happy haunts are dying to meet you.

Sleepy Hollow

Next up is a slightly more creepy choice. Sleepy Hollow was released in 1999 with Johnny Depp starring as Ichabod Crane. This movie is based on the tale “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” There’s a little bit of romance, a little bit of spookiness, a little bit of horror, and a lot of hot, young Johnny Depp. Sleepy Hollow has a small amount of blood, but overall it’s pretty tame. A great choice for any October movie night. 

The Addams Family

My next pick is double trouble. That’s right, we’ve got The Addams Family and Addams Family Values. These are a spooktacular choice for anyone looking for a dark comedy. There’s enough weirdness to give you that essential Halloween vibe, but it’s not necessarily scary. I’m not sure what’s scarier–the movie or the fact that I find Wednesday Addams to be so relatable.

Hocus Pocus

My last choice, and all-time favorite Halloween movie, is Hocus Pocus. There are witches, a magical talking cat, a black flame candle, a book, three kids, and a lot of clueless parents. What could go wrong? You can watch Hocus Pocus on Disney+. This is a great choice for an entertaining Halloween movie that’s not too creepy or scary. After all, it’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!

I hope these suggestions help you out for your next movie night! These movies are guaranteed to get you in the spooky spirit. Happy Haunting!