This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

If you’re anything like me then you’ve watched A LOT of television during these past few months while quarantined. And if you’ve done that then I’m sure it feels as if you’ve watched every show on television now. However, here are some newer shows if you’re looking for something new to watch.

For the Reality TV Lover: Deaf U 

This show just premiered this past week and is addicting in so many ways. It focuses on a group of students at Gallaudet University in Washington, DC working through life, relationships, and more… oh yeah, and they’re all deaf. It gives a great insight into a minority that we’ve seen very little of in the media and is about people our age dealing with some of the same problems we deal with in college. Plus the episodes are only about 20 minutes long so it takes no time at all to get through the whole season quickly.

Where to watch: Netflix

For the Comedy Lover: Never Have I Ever

I love a good teen drama and comedy and this show has both. A high school girl decides she wants to change her high school experience by getting a boyfriend and the hilarity and drama that ensues. Mindy Kailing created the show and everything she touches is gold, this show being no different.

Where to watch: Netflix

For Action Fans: The Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rueu_fh30

If you like superhero movies and anything with a lot of action this is the show for you. It’s what would happen if superheroes became incorporated (spoiler alert: it’s not great for the world). It’s insane and hilarious and a bit (okay a lot) gory with a stacked cast and just soooooo good!

Where to watch: Amazon Prime

For Those Who Want to Feel ALL the Feels: Zoe’s Extraordinary Playlist

This might be my favorite show of 2020, about a woman who suddenly becomes able to hear people’s inner thoughts… through the form of musical numbers. Every musical number on this show is fantastic and the plot is just magnificent. If you want to laugh, cry, or just feel anything then you need to watch this show (and if you don’t want to feel anything then still watch this show).

Where to watch: Hulu and Peacock

Full time student, part time awards show predictor, full time recommender of television shows, movies, and books.