This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I’m the kind of person who turns to Netflix when I need a pick-me-up, and I know I’m not alone. But when there’s so many movies to choose in their extensive library it can be hard to find just the right one. So to make your selection easier, here are some of my favorite feel good Netflix movies!

Unicorn Store

This is one of the more obscure movies on Netflix, but also one of the most moving. Brie Larson plays a woman who was kicked out of art school and is now trying to find her way in life, when she’s presented with the opportunity to get a unicorn if she can meet certain demands. I know the premise sounds corny, but the movie is so much deeper than that, dealing heavily with the idea of identity and what growing up means (and you might need a box of tissues to go along with it).

Someone Great

This movie is so that Taylor Swift even wrote a song based on it! Gina Rodriguez’s character is having a tough time — her boyfriend of 9 years breaks up with her just as she’s about to move across the country for a new job. She decides to try and have one final night of fun with her best friends while ruminating on her past relationship. It definitely doesn’t end the way you think it will, but that’s part of why Someone Great is so great (plus it’s the movie that introduced most people to “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo).

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

I mean, just LOOKING at Peter Kavinsky makes any day better. 

Set It Up

Two underpaid and overworked personal assistants try to get their bosses in a relationship so they can have more free time. More than any other movie on this list, this one will make you laugh out loud, so if you’re looking for a comedy this is for you.

Dumplin

Jennifer Aniston as a beauty queen, need I say more?

These are just a few of my favorites, what are yours?

Full time student, part time awards show predictor, full time recommender of television shows, movies, and books.