This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Like most people, I have my go-to playlists on Spotify that I listen to every day, but eventually, I get tired of the same songs over and over again and I want something new. Luckily, it seems like everyone and their brother has taken it upon themselves to start a podcast about something that they are passionate about. With so many options out there, it can be hard to narrow down one podcast to listen to; but whether you want to learn something new or just have a good laugh, I guarantee there is a podcast out there for you. Here are my current top 4 favorite podcasts: 

1. The Morning Toast 

Claudia and Jackie Oshry host this weekday morning show that first airs on YouTube and then is later uploaded as a podcast. These hilarious sisters never fail to make me laugh and always keep me informed on everything from big news stories to celebrity drama. Their reality tv recaps of the episodes from the night before are beyond funny and perfect for when you miss The Bachelor. Pro tip: the podcast is usually uploaded mid-day which makes it perfect to listen to on your lunch break. 

2. The Daily

If you’re looking for a more serious yet understandable take on the news, check out this podcast hosted by The New York Times journalist Michael Barbaro. Every weekday, he takes the biggest news story and explains it in 20 minutes. The Daily is perfect for when you want to keep up with the news but it’s too overwhelming to process. I love this podcast for the refreshing way it covers the news, there is never shouting or anger, just stories that actually matter. 

3. Gals on the Go 

Youtubers Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio release this podcast every Wednesday. Danielle and Brooke are both students at the University of Georgia which makes their podcast so relatable for college students. Most of their episodes are focused on college-related topics such as productivity, time management, dating, and balancing school with sorority life and other extracurriculars. As a college student, I love hearing advice from people who are having similar experiences that I am and can help guide me through some of the bumpier parts of college life. 

4. How I Built This with Guy Raz 

If you’ve ever wondered how the most well-known brands in the world were created, this podcast is for you. NPR’s Guy Raz interviews the founders and CEOs of companies like SoulCycle, Airbnb, Linkedin, and so many more. This podcast is beyond inspiring, provides great insight into the business world, and looks at what it’s like to start a company. It’s also really cool to hear about how some of the biggest brands in the world started with nothing and became what they are today. 

Hey there! I'm Sarah Beth, I'm a Junior at the College of Charleston majoring in communications. Hobbies include going to bed early, losing bobby pins and eating carbs.