This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It seems like everyone got into a new hobby during the unexpected quarantine. Maybe you tried baking bread from scratch, experimenting with whipped coffee, or binge-watched Tiger King within the first day of release. Sure, we’re going on month nine of social distancing and quarantining, but that doesn’t mean we can’t keep trying new things! In an attempt to be more active during the lockdown, I turned not to the new Netflix releases, but the next best thing: podcasts and walks. Keep reading to find out which podcasts kept me company on my late-night strolls.

The Office Ladies

For all my Office fanatics out there, you definitely need to check out The Office Ladies by Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey. To quote their super catchy intro: “Each week Jenna and Angela will break down an episode of The Office and give exclusive behind the scenes stories that only two people who were there, can tell you.” Jenna and Angela are incredibly skilled at remembering their time on the show (with some help from their journals) and will bring you all the top-secret BTS from background props to award show drama. 

Be prepared for some wild off-topic tangents on horror movies, strange Christmas gifts, and what they believe is the best dish to bring to a potluck. Whether you’ve watched the show once through or you’re on round 10, you’ll feel like you’re sitting right alongside them in Angela’s She-Shed or Jenna’s make-shift recording studio/closet. Get ready to laugh, cry, and be totally blown away by insider Office facts. (If you want to submit your own fan questions about the show, go to officeladies.com/submitaquestion)

Views

If you’re seriously missing David’s Vlogs during quarantine, I have just the thing for you. Views with David Dobrik and Jason Nash gives incredible insight into David’s personal life, his deep late-night thoughts, and what he’s been up to during the pandemic. Not to mention his frequent Views guests and friends, Natalie Mariduena and Ilya Fedorovich, tell listeners the reality of living with an internet sensation.

When they’re not talking about explicit sexual encounters, you’ll get to hear how Jason Nash is the World’s Best Dad and his opinion of his ex-wife’s new boyfriend. If that doesn’t make you want to start this podcast ASAP, I don’t know what will. My advice for the best listening experience? Definitely don’t listen with your parents or a younger sibling.

After Hours With Amanda

This famous TikTok mom recently started her very own parenting podcast! Now, I am nowhere near the parenting age, but Amanda has a way of grabbing my attention in every episode. She lets her audience know in each podcast that she is not a perfect parent, and is still learning every day — thanks to the help of her super awesome daughters. Each week, Amanda tackles the hardships of parenting, how to focus on being a team with your kids, and learning from your mistakes. It’s refreshing to hear a parent admit point-blank that, yeah, parents aren’t perfect and that’s okay.

While I may not be a mom, After Hours With Amanda isn’t just about parenting tips and tricks, it’s about how to be a more effective communicator and a more understanding person. Be sure to also check out her Tik Tok @afterhourswithamanda for short videos about her daily life, her parenting epiphanies, and silly dance videos.

If these types of podcasts aren’t for you, I can assure you that there is definitely one out there that will fit your interests. Music streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music have podcasts ranging from true crime to animal stories to a countless number of sports talk shows. It’s basically like watching a TV show while exercising, driving to work, or even as some background noise when you’re doing homework. If you like any of these suggestions, let me know on Instagram @juliaboyland

Julia is from Westchester, NY and is a senior majoring in Exercise Science & Kinesiology. When she's not writing or studying anatomy, she loves hanging out with her dog, Molly, and watching New Girl on repeat.