This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I miss you. I miss you every morning, every night, and every minute in between. Sometimes 100 miles feels like 2000 when I think about you. The days seem to drag without you. Minutes feel like hours, hours feel like days, and days feel like months. I miss your laugh, your smile, your jokes, your hugs, the way you can make me smile on my worst days, and anything else imaginable. I miss our weekend traditions, inside jokes, snack runs, movie nights, family dinners, beach picnics, shopping trips, and everything in between.

I wish I could see you across the table when I eat my lunch between classes. I wish we could go to Starbucks and do our homework like we used to. I miss our jam sessions while driving home from school. I wish I could call you and ask you to eat dinner with me. I wish we could go on adventures every weekend together. I wish you could visit me when I’m sick like you used to. I wish FaceTime and phone calls weren’t the only way I could hear your voice. I wish I didn’t have to wait so long for a hug from you. I wish we could have more. I wish you were here. 

I think about you all the time. Not a day goes by that you don’t cross my mind. I think about you when I look at my wall of photos in my dorm room, most of which are of you and I. I think of you every time I see something you might like. I think about you every time I see a cup of black coffee. I think about how I could just run to you when things don’t go right, and now I can’t anymore.

Nobody compares to you. Of all of the friends I’ve made here, none of them are you. You were there when nobody was. You were there for the good times and the bad times. You’ve been right there by my side to celebrate when life goes right. You’ve been my shoulder to cry on when life goes wrong. You’re my venting partner, the first person I show new music to, the first person I tell the good news to, the first person I text when I wake up and the last I text before I fall asleep. 

We can get through it. I know we will be stronger from this. I hate that I can’t see you every day, but I know we’ll be okay. I know you’re stuck with me for the long haul. Yes, it’s hard, but the long phone calls make it better. No matter how hard things get, I know we’ll get through it one day at a time. You’re my rock, and I know I can get through anything with you by my side, physically or mentally. I love you. 100 miles has nothing on us.

Kaya Cox

C of C '23

I'm a freshman at the College of Charleston and I'm originally from Myrtle Beach, SC. I love dogs, shopping, fashion, being on the beach and just having a good time with my friends!