My Favorite Starbucks Drinks as Told by a Coffee Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Starbucks’s menu can be very daunting especially if it’s your first time there or your first time venturing out from drinking plain black coffee. Believe me, it took a couple of times to branch out from a hot chocolate or a frappucino. While I wouldn’t recommend the hot chocolate, these drinks should hit the spot for your new favorite Starbucks treat.

1. The Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew

• Ok, this deserved the number one spot for many reasons: the most important reason though is that it’s good (duh). The second reason is that it’s hard to mess up, different locations make drinks differently but every time I order this it’s always perfect. It’s good as is but my favorite way to get it is to add caramel syrup and caramel drizzle. It’s really sweet but you definitely get the energy boost that you need without really tasting the coffee. It’s very smooth tasting and just all around good, so good that I usually finish it within the first ten minutes of class. 

2. Iced Caramel Macchiato

• This is a very good drink. However, you CAN taste the coffee in it. To get rid of the coffee taste a little you can ask for blonde espresso shots if they have it. Blonde shots still give you the same amount of caffeine but they’re a little bit sweeter. I’m also extra and add in caramel syrup since by default this is made with vanilla syrup (crazy right? the caramel comes from the drizzle) and it makes it even sweeter. Bonus points if you get it made with Whole Milk as opposed to 2%. 

3. Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte

• Honestly, this is good but not great, so that’s why it’s number three. But this is something I can drink if I didn’t want to be too extra because this tastes fine as is. The Blonde refers to the Blonde espresso shots that were mentioned above. You can also add in any flavored syrup and it would taste fine.

4. Caramel Frappucino

• Ok, this is only number four because it was my first Starbucks love. It’s really good and I’m sure everybody’s had one before. However, there is very little coffee in it so it never gave me the caffeine boost I needed. But it’s good every once in a while as a “desert” type thing. The extra caramel drizzle will always set it off.

5. Iced Caramel Cloud Macchiato

• I really only got this because it’s the “Ariana Grande drink” and I love Ariana Grande. But it’s actually kind of good? I’ll drink it if I wanted to switch things up but I don’t always drink it. It literally looks like a cloud with some espresso shots on top. You definitely can taste the coffee and its an acquired taste as the first time I tried it I did not like it. But it’s honestly good once you get past the cloudy taste. 

That’s it for this list, but remember to bring a reusable cup and get 10 cents off your drink! They even sell cheap ones in store: venti sized cold cups for $3 and venti sized hot cups for $2 they also have reusable venti sized straws for $1. 

An iced coffee addict who likes to color, read, debate, and watch YouTube. An African American Studies & Women and Gender Studies Double Major with a minor in Poli Sci who has dreams of doing advocacy work.