My Favorite Quotes From My 5 Most Recently Read Books

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I am constantly looking for a book to read, especially during the summer when I spend hours upon hours on the beach. I thought I would share my most recently read books and my favorite quotes from them because we love a good book quote! And yeah, I forgot to mention I desperately need to branch out and stop reading romance novels, but they are too good, so sorry in advance if you are not a hopeless romantic like me!

only When It’s Us – Chloe Liese

“The sweetness of them admitting their feelings is only powerful because they’ve gone through so much to arrive at that understanding. They have to work past their insecurities and assumptions, to fight their way to uncover the truth. Then and only then do they realize what they mean to each other.”

The Last Letter From Your Lover – Jojo Moyes

“But I realized suddenly, in the midst of that little tableau of insanity, that to have someone out there who understands you, who desires you, who sees you as a better version of yourself, is the most astonishing gift. Even if we are not together, to know that, for you, I am that man is a source of sustenance to me.”

Ugly Love – Colleen Hoover

“I don’t understand how it can be so perfect. How life and love and people can be so perfect and beautiful. Then it’s not.”

People We Meet on Vacation – Emily Henry

“Sometimes, when you lose your happiness, it’s best to look for it the same way you’d look for anything else.”

It Ends With Us – Colleen Hoover

Quick interjection: It was so difficult to just pick just one quote from this book, so naturally, I had to include two. Also, I cannot recommend this book enough. It is incredible as it makes you want to punch a hole in the wall, fall in love, and curl up into a ball and cry all at the same time!

“There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.”

“Lily. Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are as full as they can be. We shouldn’t waste time on things that might happen someday, or maybe even never.”

Kiley is currently a junior at the College of Charleston and pursuing a major in Communication and minoring in Dance and Marketing. She is from Ocean City, New Jersey, and loves the summer and going to the beach. Whenever she is not dancing, she is usually hanging out with friends and family, going on long walks, getting coffee, or listening to good music!