This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Over the past few months, I have done a decent amount of purchasing from different Etsy shops. Probably more than I should have, to be honest. I have learned a lot about the importance of supporting small businesses, and Etsy is my personal favorite way to do so. It is always good to buy from small businesses, and it certainly is during the pandemic. Not to mention, shop owners are so kind and great about communicating with you. Unlike buying from a larger corporation, you can message who you are buying from with any questions. Most sellers make their products right from home, and there is an endless amount of shops to choose from!

Here are some of my favorite things to buy on Etsy!

Masks

For a while, I had the same simple masks and decided that since we are going to need to be wearing them for a bit, it’s great to get different colors or different patterns. Might as well have some fun with it! There are so many masks being sold right now with more patterns than you can imagine. And plenty of cow print ones, which has been very trendy recently.

Jewelry

Etsy is home to some of the coolest handmade jewelry I have seen. There are so many unique pieces. I’ve bought most of my earrings here. One of my personal favorite shops is ShopAllieBear!

Merch

Are you a big fan of a certain artist? TV show? There’s a lot of great handmade merch. I’ve seen so many hand-embroidered sweatshirts or t-shirts on Etsy. You can also find smaller items like pins, jewelry, and mugs

Holiday Gifts

I have always been so bad about ordering Christmas gifts ahead of time. It’s unbelievable that the end of the year is coming so fast, and so are the holidays. Many shop owners will do personalized or monogrammed gifts for anyone. There are a lot of unique and special items you may not be able to find in stores.

Etsy is a great place filled with lots of creative business owners. Let’s support small businesses!

Rebecca Magruder is currently a sophomore at C of C and she is undecided on her major. Rebecca is from Atlanta, Georgia and loves to write, listen to music, and watch Mamma Mia all too many times.