This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Michael Miller

Year: 2016

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Winchester, MA

Tell me a little about yourself!

Growing up in the suburbs of Boston has made me to be a very business oriented and competitive person. I am quite outgoing, and enjoy many outdoors activities like Skiing, hiking, and rock climbing. 

What made you choose the College of Charleston?

I really chose Charleston because I wanted to experience something different. I applied to a couple of schools down south and I came to the consensus that a city atmosphere is what I wanted. After visiting and seeing how beautiful some parts of campus were, I was convinced that the College of Charleston would be a great fit. 

How did you get involved with Ultimate Frisbee?

I ran cross country in high school and every day before practice we go out and just play pick up ultimate for awhile. As I got older I got more into the game and actually started to play organized ultimate. Many people don’t understand how intricate ultimate is and that elite athletes actually play it at a high level. 

Are you involved in any other clubs or organizations?

I joined the Beta Theta Pi fraternity my spring semester freshman year and absolutely love it. We are the farthest thing from a typical “frat” and do not haze or do bad things to our new members.

What are some of your future aspirations?

Eventually I aim to be a CPA back up in Boston and working in the city. Both of my parents are very involved in the finance industry up there and so seeing their success, I think it would be a smart move to follow in their footsteps whether it regards being an accountant or a financial analyst.

Co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of HC CofC.