This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Maddy is one of the sweetest and funniest people I’ve had the opportunity to meet in college.  This sophomore is originally from Roxbury, Connecticut, and is studying arts management.  Here’s a little bit about her and her life her at the College of Charleston. 

Madeleine Sanders: What are you involved in on campus?

Maddy Martin: I’m involved in Phi Mu and the Archeology Club.

MS: What are your favorite things about Charleston?

MM: I really love the food, the weather, and the arts scene.

MS: Favorite things to do in Charleston?

MM: I love going to the Gibbs Art Museum, walking the battery, brunching and, of course, shopping.

MS: Whats something you can’t leave the house without?

MM: I can’t leave the house without my phone!

MS: What are some of your favorite memories here at CofC so far?

MM: Getting my first A in college is honestly one of the best memories I felt so accomplished knowing that my hard work was paying off. Joining Phi Mu is another wonderful memory.  It has brought so many amazing people into my life that I would’ve never met without joining. Lastly just going on adventures with my friends whether that’s just walking around and taking pictures or trying a new place to brunch!

MS: What’s a quote you live by?

MM: “I urge you to please notice when you are happy, an exclaim or murmur or think at some oint “If this isn’t nice, I dont know what is..”- Kurt Vonnegut

MS: What’s your dream job?

MM: Director of antiquities at the Met!

Photos courtesy of Maddy Martin.

Madeleine Sanders is currently a sophmore at the College of Charleston. She is an Arts Management major and in her free time can be found looking at pictures of puppies or spending hours in Sephora. Besides being involved with Her Campus, Madeleine is also a part of Phi Mu. She can't wait to see what college has in store for her and to help other collegiettes with their college experience as well.