Anna Schultz-Friends Cuddling In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Love Letters To The Important Women In My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Celebrate the women you have around you and let them know you love them. Lift each other up this International Women’s Day and maybe write a few love letters of your own. 

To my Grandmother, 

You are the perfect example of the person I want to be. Your strength is inspiring and I hope I’ll have your wisdom someday. You always know the right things to say, and even when not to say anything, but just be there for you. It’s comforting to know that you’re always just a phone call away whenever I need you. 

I love you.

To my mom,

I want to say thank you. 

Thank you for always supporting me and pushing me to be the best version of myself. 

Thank you for teaching me how to take care of myself and that I don’t need anyone else (except for family) to be happy. 

Thank you for loving me through all the mistakes I made and will make in the future. You helped me find myself again when I didn’t even know who I was anymore. I can never thank you enough for that. I know I didn’t always say thank you or appreciate you growing up, but you were the best role model I could’ve asked for. 

I love you. 

To my big sisters,

I’m so proud of you both. 

Rachael, you inspire me every day. You continue to grow and work your hardest at everything you do. 

Judith, I love watching you be a mother. It suits you, and I can’t wait to see the amazing people you’ll raise your boys to be. 

Thank you for always making me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to and teaching me so much growing up. I know I’ll always be your guys’ little sister, but I hope I can measure up to the great women you are today. 

I love you guys, always. 

To my best friend,

Meeting you during freshman year was one of the best things to have ever happened to me. 

You are my rock, my partner in crime, my favorite person to spend nearly every day with. You never make me feel guilty for my constant mood swings or bad attitudes. The adventures we have together are unmatched, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I just know you’re going to do amazing things in life and I’m thankful that I’ll be around to watch them happen. 

I will love you no matter what, even when we’re mad at each other. 

To myself,

Take a deep breath. 

You always push yourself, sometimes a little too hard. Stop burning yourself out and try to take care of yourself the way you care about everyone else. You put 110% into everything you do, and while your work ethic is strong, you have to take that deep breath sometimes. 

You will get to the places you want to be, even if you fall down sometimes. 

Just remember to get back up. 

Becca is currently a junior at the College of Charleston pursuing her B.A in Communication.