Lissie Stoughton ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
Name: Lissie Stoughton

Year: Junior

Major: Religious Studies

Hometown: Florence, SC

What is your favorite?

Movie: “Pocahontas”

Book: The Outsiders, Captivating 

Restaurant in Chuck: That’s a difficult one… Fire, Kaminsky’s, Sugar, or Yogurt Mountain! Any place with cupcakes or frozen yogurt, really. 

Man Candy: My super awesome BF Brayden, Ryan Gosling, Ioan Gruffudd in his younger days.

Song: “Wannabe” -Spice Girls
“Let’s Go to the Mall” -Robin Sparkles

What advice would you give to incoming freshmen?
Use the waffle maker at Liberty more often, and top it with ice cream if you’re feeling crazy

So, what are you involved in here at CofC?
Since I’ve recently taken up some responsibilities off-campus, I’m so happy to say I’ve narrowed down my extracurriculars to a few things that I really love. I’m a tutor for the REACH program, a Student Alumni Associate, and a member of C2C. 

How do you relax in between your busy schedule? 
Right now I’m training my puppy to become a therapy dog, and it’s SO much fun. I also love to watch “FRIENDS” and “How I Met Your Mother,” and eat cupcakes, of course!
Where do you want to be in 5 years?  
I would love to be working in ministries around the world, especially working with military families and servicemen who have been affected by deployment. 

If you could have any super power, what would it be? 
Being a shape-shifter would be awesome! 

If you could have dinner with one of your role models, who would it be and why?
Ronald Reagan- he was the President, yet he was so humble and down to earth. Plus, he drove a Jeep and rode a horse even when he was old. He really raised the standard for Americans everywhere. 

What is something interesting people don’t know about you?I can’t snap my fingers or whistle. My dreams of being in a barbershop quartet may never happen. 

What’s your guilty pleasure?
The show “What Would YOU Do?” on Niteline is awesome. I have no clue if they even make new episodes, but the ones they made in the ’80s really get my eyes glued to the TV. 

Originally from North Carolina, Mary is a sophomore at the College of Charleston. Mary is a Women and Gender studies major and is very passionate about women's issues and politics. In her free time she likes to read, watch Netflix, write and hang out with friends.  When she graduates she hopes to work for a non-profit in Washington, DC and also write for a Magazine.