This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Lacey Wexler. Since transferring to College of Charleston last fall from Kutztown University, she has become extremely involved in the Charleston community. She can be found frequently at Kudu studying, and working out at the new gym at the new campus apartments. Before she moved to South Carolina, she thoroughly enjoyed going to see the Philadelphia Phillies play baseball.

Major: Arts Management

Hometown: Berwyn, Pennsylvania

Year of Graduation: 2015

Describe yourself in three worlds:

Outgoing, compassionate and silly.

What are your two favorite places to eat in Charleston?

Mercato, which is an Italian place on N. Market Street, and Groucho’s on King Street.

Who has had the most influence on you since you have been in Charleston?

My brother Blake, because he was successful in college and has given me valuable advice throughout my college career.

After living in the suburbs, how do you like living in the city?

I absolutely love it! Charleston is a beautiful city and being able to walk everywhere is great.

What are some of your favorite music artists?

The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, The Black Keys, and most country music stars.

What do you plan on doing with your Arts Management major?

I would love to end up at a non-profit organization and be involved in bringing the arts to the lives of students who do not have access to education in the arts. 

Originally from North Carolina, Mary is a sophomore at the College of Charleston. Mary is a Women and Gender studies major and is very passionate about women's issues and politics. In her free time she likes to read, watch Netflix, write and hang out with friends.  When she graduates she hopes to work for a non-profit in Washington, DC and also write for a Magazine. 
Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.