This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Meet Campus Celebrity of this week, Julia Margolis! Julia is a senior from South Florida, majoring in Communication! Besides being a sister of Delta Gamma, she is also a member of the JSU and the Cheese Club! I asked her a few questions about her past summer activities enrolled at a prestigious comedy school, and what her plan is after graduation!

You went to a stand up comedy school called Second City last summer, can you tell us about that?

It was an incredible experience. I was in Chicago for a month and did 4 levels of improv and comedy writing. It opened my eyes to the comedy world and I learned so much about myself. 

What do you love about stand up comedy?

Stand up actually scares the crap out of me but I have so much material that I could perform if I had to. Improv is what I can do because ‘people say’ I’m funny in context and I have a comedy brain. 

What would be your dream stand up show?

I think my dream stand up would be with all my friends and family there supporting me in a small comedy theatre in New York City. There are so many cool comedy clubs all around the city and I would be honored to perform at any of them. 

What do you want to do after graduation?

I would love to move to New York and audition for SNL. I would also love to work at Upright Citizens Brigade, which is an improv place that does shows every night. I would love to be in an improv group and perform weekly- that’s my dream job. 

If you could have dinner with any comedian, who would it be? Why?

I would have to pick Kristen Wiig from SNL.  She was my favorite character and is so incredibly talented. I have seen almost all of her sketches and can imitate most of them. I think she would be a really funny, down to earth person and I would love to hang out with her. 

What is your favorite memory at CofC so far?

I think it would have to be when I hosted Anchorman during Anchor Splash last year. It was probably my first time getting up in front of a large group of people (most of them I didn’t know) where I could just be myself and crack some jokes. It was so much fun and everyone laughed at my jokes for the most part. I love making people laugh and I was so glad I had the opportunity to host. I also can’t wait to do it again this year!

What advice would you give to the new freshmen on campus?

I would tell the freshmen to go out and do everything they can. College is a place to learn about yourself and branch out. If you want to join a club, do it. Maybe you’ll meet your best friend. There are amazing opportunities everyday and you should really take advantage of it. Also eat at all the restaurants you can because Charleston has amazing food options. 

Lindsey is currently a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, originally from New England and New Jersey. She is a Marketing major with a minor in Communications. Her dream is to somehow work within the entertainment/fashion industry, whether it's writing, advertising, PR, supervising, etc. Other than acting as president of HerCampus CofC, she is also a campus tour guide, a VP on Panhellenic Council, a member of Delta Gamma, and a founding member of Committed to Charleston, among other things. She loves keeping busy and couldn't imagine it any other way.
Originally from West Virginia, Tori Williams is a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina majoring in Communication, and minoring in International Studies and Dance. Tori is currently the editor-in-chief and a featured writer for the Her Campus CofC chapter, as well as an editorial intern with Charleston Magazine. She also dances with Dance FX Charleston's performance company and through the College of Charleston. When she's not busy, Tori loves to read, run, and do hot yoga. She hopes to someday be an editor and writer for a big time magazine.