Jessie Wigley ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

From lab coats to leotards, you’ll find this week’s Campus Cutie looking through the microscope at Harbor Walk or making moves in Cato.  Jessie Wigley is taking steps to reach her goal of becoming a veternarian not only through her studies, but also with her adventures dog sitting, working at a local vet clinic, and her new position as Pre-Vet Club president all the while finding time to do the things she loves such as dancing and spending sunny days on the beach.  As her mantra says: Make time to invest in yourself. 

Name: Jessie Wigley

Hometown: Williamsburg, VA

Class: Junior, Class of 2016

Major: Biology, with a Dance minor

Describe yourself in 5 words:  
happy, curious, determined, motivated, caring 

Why CofC?  
Honestly, I never visited CofC before committing and putting in my housing deposit. I heard so many great things about the school, the city, the beaches, and the people that I thought, “why not?” I knew that the college had a great biology/science program and a newly emerging dance program, so everything else was just a huge bonus. I definitely chose the best school. 

How are you involved on campus?
I am the new President of the Pre-Veterinary Society, the Treasurer of Dance Alliance, a new member of the CofC Fashion Club, and a soon-to-be member of the Chemistry Fraternity. I am also casted in the fall dance concert, Out of Control. I really enjoy being involved with campus organizations and meeting new people. Its always fun to learn about other people’s experiences and to help out new students. 

What are you looking forward to most this semester?
This semester will definitely be hectic. I have a lot of new plans for the Pre-Vet Club that I am excited to put into action, but I am also excited for my job at All Creatures Vet Clinic and my biology core classes. All of these things for my future career are seeming to come together and make sense, so I am most excited for that. 

What is your favorite…
  • spot on campus? Harbor Walk
  • running route? down Lockwood to the Battery, Waterfront Park, and back up King St. 
  • day of the week? Anything except Monday. I hate Mondays. And Tuesdays…
  • summer activity? Lying on the beach with salt in my hair and toes in the sand
  • color? Blue
  • movie? Finding Nemo (such a classic!)

Kaylee is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Franklin, Virginia.  She has a passion for all of the arts from writing to dance to fashion.  Hoping to one day pursue a career as a museum curator, she is planning to double major in Arts Management and Historic Preservation with a minor in Communication.  Outside of Her Campus, Kaylee is the executive assistant of the CofC Fashion Club and a member of Circle K.