books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

We all know the feeling on Sunday night when you start to realize everything you have to do that week and you start to panic. The Sunday Scaries, if you will. Whether you have a paper due on Wednesday or you just have a long week ahead, you can turn your Sunday into a day to prepare for everything. Here are my best tips to get ready for a successful week:

1. Look at your planner and prioritize assignments 

Doing homework on Sunday night is the worst. So, if you don’t feel like actually working, you can at least plan out your week. Looking at your planner or syllabi will help prepare you for everything you need to get done. While doing that, make sure you know if you have any big assignments coming up that you need multiple days to work on. Write out a to-do list for the week and refer back to it so you don’t forget anything. 

2. Clean your room/dorm/apartment

Even if you don’t want to clean your entire space, doing just one small task can make you feel more accomplished. This can be vacuuming your floor, cleaning out your junk drawer, or just folding your laundry. You don’t have to Marie Kondo every drawer (unless you want to), just do something easy and quick!

3. Plan your outfits for the week

Picking everything out at the beginning of the week will save you time each morning which means you have more time to sleep. Planning your outfits doesn’t have to mean you’re going to dress up every day. You could plan to wear a t-shirt and leggings but you still have an idea of what you’re going to wear. 

4. Go to bed early

This is my absolute favorite tip, maybe it’s because I have the soul of an elderly woman or maybe it’s the feeling of actually getting a solid eight hours of sleep. Going to bed just 30 minutes earlier than usual can help you feel more refreshed and ready to go on Monday morning. Drink your sleepy time tea and go to sleep, girl! 

Remember that you don’t have to do everything on this list, do what works for you. Create your Sunday routine that you genuinely enjoy and helps you prepare for your most successful week yet!

Hey there! I'm Sarah Beth, I'm a Junior at the College of Charleston majoring in communications. Hobbies include going to bed early, losing bobby pins and eating carbs.