Holly Robbins '16

Holly Robbins is one busy gal. Between dance rehearsals at CofC, teaching at Dance Moves, a full class schedule, and working shifts at local restaurant Cypress, it's no surprise this cutie finds comfort being outdoors away from all her college life demands. Luckily, she was able to answer a few questions for us about her semester so far, involvement around town, and personal favorites.

Class: 2016

Major/minor: Elementary Education major, Dance minor

Hometown: Spartanburg, South Carolina

How’s your semester going so far?

FANTASTIC! This is my first semester taking all classes in the School of Education. The professors are wonderful and I’ve connected with new friends who are like-minded in being future educators.

What all are you involved in on and off campus?

On campus, I’m a member of College of Charleston’s Teaching Fellows and Dance Alliance. Off campus, I am a dance teacher at Dance Moves, a hostess at Cypress Lowcountry grill, a member of Awaken Church, and a tutor with Reading Partners, an organization that teaches literacy skills to elementary children in public schools.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Anything outside with friends is ideal. I like going to the beach, being on the water, taking snowboarding trips to the mountains, and seeing new places and things.

It’s Friday night! Where can we find you?

On a typical Friday night I’m at Cypress, being your hostess. The next time you walk by on East Bay Street, give me a wave through the window!

Describe your perfect guy in three words.

Adventurous. Charismatic. Humble.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Heath Ledger

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I know it sounds cliché, but Paris. I’ve always wanted to see the eternal love padlocks on the Pont des Arts Bridge.

What is the best guy advice you’ve ever received?

“If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.”

What is your favorite?

Food: anything pasta related

Song: Free Fallin’ –covered by John Mayer

Movie: Despicable Me

Color: Orange

Class you’ve taken at CofC: Improvisation and Choreography

Restaurant in Charleston: Okra Grill

Holiday: Thanksgiving