Halloween Wardrobe
Halloween Wardrobe
Original photo by Olivia Brandt

Halloween Movie Night: a Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Since it is the spooky season, it is a time to get festive and the best way I can think to do that is to have a Halloween Movie Marathon. You can do this really any way you fancy but it comes down to a few crucial components: having the right movie, snacks, and overall vibes.

Now I know a lot of people who love to go out on Halloween and that’s fine and dandy but personally, I can’t do that back-to-back. That’s why I plan one night during the week of Halloween to have a fun night in with spooky-themed snacks and beverages (if you are of legal age).

The Movies

The obvious answer here is to put on Horror Movies but that can get old rather quickly if you don’t have a good mix of scary and light hearted movies. My favorite genre for this is specifically 80’s horror and early 2000’s family-oriented movies. That way you get a good mix of scary that’s not too scary and things you can laugh at so the vibes don’t get too dark.  It keeps the energy going between being scared and being able to decompress after a busy week of classes which is what we are all looking for around this spooky time of year.

The Snacks

I dont know about yall but I love a good theme night and Halloween is no exception. My personal favorites are spooky themed cupcakes and everyones favorite festive treat Pillsbury Sugar Cookies that are themed for Halloween. When it comes to drinks I know my way around a cocktail but we’re keeping it simple for this zen night in with Bloody Shirley Temples (for my 21+ friends you can try these spiked!) to start our array of 80’s horror off right. I have previously also provided kettle corn as a festive alternative to normal popcorn for ultimate spooky movie night vibes.

The Vibe

Around Halloween so many people talk about their plans for going out but that does not always appeal to everybody so that is why I have always had a plan for staying in one night to act as a break from all the hustle and bustle that happens right before Halloween. Especially when it comes to getting your costume together on time and getting all that fall instagram content the second it gets cool outside. Planning a cozy movie night is the perfect way for our introverted friends to enjoy Halloween from the comfort of their home while still being social but in a different way.

Don’t forget to be happy, safe, and spooky this Halloween!

Howdy! My name is Julia Brown, and I’m a senior studying Elementary Education with minors in Music and Sociology. In my free time, I like to listen to music, drink lots of coffee, and spot dogs on the street. I enjoy writing advice articles, music and movie reviews, and ways to make the most of your time on campus!