This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Finding the perfect gift for friends and family can be a daunting task. For people that you want to give the world but don’t want to break the bank, how do you find a balance? Hopefully, with a little thought, time, and these tips, your holiday is a success!

Pay attention all year long

Many people will drop hints all year long about things that they want or need as gifts, but when it comes time for you to actually get them a gift, you forget! Try making a list of potential gifts for family and friends that you can update at any time. If someone won’t let you know of anything they want, take a look at their social media and see if they have ever expressed an interest in anything that could be purchased as a present.

Consider their interests

Everyone appreciates receiving a gift that shows you have been paying attention. Whether they have a passion for a certain movie, book, or a sports team you could look for something that relates to one of their personal interests. A great website for unique gifts is redbubble.com which hosts thousands of creative designs that can be applied to a variety of clothing, home decor, or other accessories.

Use social media ads

While you may be skeptical of the seemingly too good to be true Instagram ads, I have never had a bad experience with those ads. All of the purchases are secure and good quality products are delivered. Additionally, these ads are personally curated to your interests and can be really fun gifts for friends from jewelry to art prints.

Quality over quantity

Some of us may feel pressured to spend a certain amount of money on those who matter most to us, but I can guarantee a thoughtful, less-expensive gift will be appreciated more than a meaningless, expensive presents. A lot of times people don’t need the designer brand bag and will be happy enough with a cheaper product from a local business.

Experiences can be the best gifts

Gifts don’t have to be tangible! I know that my family has always been one to prefer experiences to wrapped products. While a vacation to Hawaii may be out of your budget, try looking for gift certificates or coupons to fun local activities such as passes to an amusement park, sporting event, or a cooking class. If you are on a limited budget, try creating your own redeemable certificates to give family members such as a family hike or house cleaning.

Hello! My name is Corey Chamberlain and I am 19 years old from upstate New York. I am currently a sophomore at the College of Charleston and I am studying English and Secondary Education. Traveling is an important part of my life and I have been to 10 countries so far and plan on exploring more in the future. In my free time you can usually find me reading a book at the beach or hanging out with friends and family!