Anna Schultz-Girls In Gas Station With Junk Food
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Grubhub is the Perfect Solution for Studying on an Empty Stomach

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Exams are the absolute worst. But the thing even worse than exams? Is trying to study when you’re hungry. I’ve tried meal prepping, and I’ve tried bringing snacks to the library, but it always ends up the same way: I blow through all my food within 20 minutes of sitting down to review. 

Finally, I just gave up and decided to cave. Instead of calling for pizza delivery for the 100thtime. I looked around at food delivery services in my area. At last, I found my study solution. With Grubhub, I could find the restaurants near me in my price range that would bring the food piping hot directly to me wherever I choose to be studying at the time—library, home, back hallway where no one can hear me cry to myself. I got my food in under half an hour and was finally full enough to feel like I could get some headway done with my work. 

I didn’t have to settle for pizza again, but I could choose from a couple of different restaurants in the area. Personally, I chose Taco Bell and an ice cream place because I always need a little sweetness after a meal. No more apples and popcorn and halfa**ed granola bars. While I’m sure I made everyone else in the library pretty jealous with the smells of my dinner of champions, I wasn’t yearning for something I had to leave my stuff to walk to or wait until I got home to inhale. I will definitely be using it again for the next round of finals…or maybe next week. 

Use discount code HCCC2019 for $7 off your first $10 order.

Claire Grulick is a proud dog mom and resides with her shepherd mix, Ruby, in Charleston, South Carolina where she is in her senior year at The College of Charleston. While she should be studying English, writing, rhetoric, and publishing, she is often found at the beach with a book and a collection of munchies like the snack connoisseur she is.