This Grease Theory Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Thanks to Reddit, a new theory has hit the internet that is challenging the way Grease fans see their favorite musical.

According to a person under the username Atomicbolt, there are numerous clues hidden throughout the cult classic supporting the fact that Sandy is actually dead. That’s not to say that she is Walking Dead zombie kind of dead, but instead that she is trapped in a dream or comatose state.

Everyone who has seen Grease is familiar with the iconic ending scene where Sandy and her soulmate, Danny Zuko, drive (or rather fly) off into the sunset together. But have you ever wondered how a car could suddenly defy the laws of gravity and fly off into the sky? Atomicbolt has, and he/she was kind enough to detail their theory on social media. So pay close attention Grease fans!

At the beginning of the film, we see Danny and Sandy meeting on the beach. Later, through song, Danny explains that during this first encounter he actually saved Sandy’s life – that she had nearly drowned! But Atomicbolt’s theory states that Sandy did indeed drown that eventful day at the beach.

The theory elaborates that as Sandy was slowly losing her life, her brain became deprived of oxygen, causing her to slip into a fantasy. This fantasy just so happened to involve her loving summer nights with Danny and the amazing school year they shared together.

Keep in mind that while Sandy is in a coma, Danny is persistently trying to revive her body on the beach. A time passes, Sandy’s fantasies only become more outlandish, climaxing when she finally envisions herself ascending into heaven in a convertible with Danny. That, of course, is our adored Sandy passing away and moving on to another life with her beloved Danny.

While it is a touching and moving spin Atomicbolt has given the movie, some fans just can not accept this conspiracy theory. So, what do you think, collegiettes? Personally, our minds were simply blown!

SaveSave

Sophomore Communication Studies major with a minor in Writing Studies from Long Island, New York. Member of Bowling Club and Ridge Report