Georgia Maynard ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Georgia MaynardGraduation Year: 2015Major: Women’s and Gender StudiesMinor: Psychology

What are you involved in on campus? For the past four years, I’ve worked for Charleston Sports Network as a replay operator. I really don’t like sports, but for some reason I have a natural talent for doing replays. Seriously. My footage was on ESPN Sports Center’s top ten sports plays of the day.”

What do you do in your spare time?“I take my cats on walks in their leopard print stroller, and I go kayaking.” 

Are you doing any research, putting together a senior portfolio, or being a TA for a specific class?“Yes, all three. I’m working on my capstone paper about the prevalence of sexual assaults on the CofC campus. I also TA for the intro WGS course and am finishing my portfolio for WGS.”

You were named HSS Scholar for Women’s and Gender Studies. What does this mean and how were you chosen?“HSS Scholars are the top two students in each major.”

You’re a recipient of the Ketner Emerging Leaders scholarship. What is that and how were you selected? “Linda Ketner is a local activist and philanthropist who established these scholarships for WGS students who show potential as agents of social change. Linda herself is a great example. She has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ community in Charleston for nearly twenty years and is a generous supporter of many organizations on and off campus.”

Fun fact?“I was on the cover of a magazine as a baby. I’m fairly well adjusted for a former child star.”

Favorite .. .. place to read on campus?In the WGS office.

.. place to run downtown?Away from campus.

.. late night study snacks?Bourbon, pickles, and taffy.

Article image taken from Gerogia’s feature in the December issue of the College of Charleston Magazine