This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Here are some Friends quotes that I think describe 2020 pretty well, with the majority coming from my favorite dude, Chandler Bing.  

On the struggles of gyms being closed the majority of quarantine:

“Oh, yeah, I’m a gym member. I try to go four times a week, but I’ve missed the last… twelve hundred times.” -Chandler 

On how our parents felt during the rollercoaster of online learning:

“Because the more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.” – Phoebe

On the ever-changing and unpredictable 2020: 

“Do these look like the faces of people in the know?” – Chandler 

On feeling like this year is never going to end: 

“We swallow our feelings, even if we’re unhappy forever.” – Chandler

On trying to be social (safely, of course) after months of quarantine:

“I’m hopeless and awkward and desperate for love!” – Chandler

On getting deep in your thoughts and coming up with stuff like this: 

“You know what’s weird? Donald Duck’s never worn pants.” – Chandler 

On the unhealthy coping mechanisms we have: 

“I make jokes when I’m uncomfortable” – Chandler 

On what you want to yell at everyone you see: 

“Wash your hands!” – Phoebe 

On remembering how to be a functioning student after all these months: 

“We were on a break!” – Ross 

On when it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year:

“This year was supposed to be great.” – Ross

And last but not least, on turning on the news every day and seeing the latest craziness: 

“Oh. My. God.” – Janice

Hello! Ashlyn is a sophomore at the College of Charleston majoring in Marketing! She enjoys working out, taking pictures, laughing with her best friends, baking, and travelling. She's from Seneca, SC, but is so happy to now call Charleston home! Is there something you are curious about or woud like her to write about? Just want to be friends? Connect with her through Instagram: @ashlyn.fs or by email: shirleyaf@g.cofc.edu.
Hello! My name is Corey Chamberlain and I am 19 years old from upstate New York. I am currently a sophomore at the College of Charleston and I am studying English and Secondary Education. Traveling is an important part of my life and I have been to 10 countries so far and plan on exploring more in the future. In my free time you can usually find me reading a book at the beach or hanging out with friends and family!