This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Finals. Believe it or not, the time is already here. From the hours in Addlestone, meetings for group projects and essays staking up, finals week is an emotional – sometimes physical rollercoaster! Much like the up, downs, plot twists and explosions that happen on Empire. Who would’ve thought the world of hip-hop is truly every college student’s journey at the end of the school year. Not convinced? See for yourself:

The final two weeks of school arrive and a slow panic arises in the pit of your stomach.

You are proactive for once and prepared all of your study guides ahead of time – right down to multi-colored highlighted coordination. There’s no time to waste!

You cut off everything and anyone who may distract you.

Stress-eating becomes your reality. You have a well balanced diet of Chipotle, Easy Mac and peanuts – all after midnight!

Your group project is more like a solo assignment.

And, it may have been shaky but your final group project actually turned out to be pretty good.

So that calls for a celebration!

At this point, coffee runs through your veins.

And the school was so nice to give you an extra procrastination day (or “reading day” as it is printed in course calendars). But it’s less studying and more of this…

And the days you don’t have finals are an excuse to destress from all the pressure.

When your parents call to check to see how studying has been going…

As exhausted as you are, you stay up until 4:47 a.m. and cram all night long for your next exam.

You walk into your final like a boss becuase you know an A is in your future.

But you realize the exam looks nothing like the study guide. Those gosh darn professors!!

At least in the end, summer will be here and finals will be no more. Happy studying, collegiettes!

Sophomore Communication Studies major with a minor in Writing Studies from Long Island, New York. Member of Bowling Club and Ridge Report