books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Dry Shampoo: What You Need to Get Through The Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Midterm grades have been posted and we’re all at the point in the semester where everything is getting harder.  Classes.  Getting enough sleep.  Eating healthy.  And, getting ready every morning.  We wake up in just enough time to brush our teeth and get out the door to class (and still probably arriving late with Starbucks in hand).  This means no time to do our makeup or even attempt to do something to our hair.

That’s when dry shampoo comes in.  When I first had heard about my friends using it, I was a little stand-offish.  I thought, “does it really make my hair not look greasy?” And, “can I actually wear my hair down after doing this?”  The answer to both of those questions is: yes.  

Dry shampoo not only soaks up the grease in your hair from the day before but it adds volume to make it look like you actually had time to do it.  Now this makes it something you definitely need as the semester gets more and more tough.  Here are a few of my suggestions for dry shampoos:

Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo in Tropical

Not only does this dry shampoo smell AMAZING but it makes getting ready in the morning a breeze (especially after a night out or a late night of studying.  

Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Two Day Extender

Just like the Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo this soaks up all the remnant of the day before but without any smell.  This is nice for days I’ve washed my hair at night and slept on it to give it a little extra boost.

Midterms have come and finals are just around the corner.  Don’t sacrifice having great hair (that looks like you just washed it) while you’re trying to make your best grades.  Try dry shampoo.  You won’t regret it!

All photos from Marissa Myhill.

Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.