Chris Huber, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Hometown: East Islip, New York

Major/minor: English major, Psychology minor

Taken or single?: Single 

What clubs & activities are you involved with here in Charleston? I play midfield on the lacrosse team and I also have a job up on King Street at The Vault. 

Traits you look for in a girl?: I look for a smart girl who isn’t afraid to tell me what she’s really thinking. If she likes to sail, read books, has tan skin, long dark hair, and an attitude problem, I would probably think she’s perfect.

Celebrity crush?: Mila Kunis. She gets huge points for being the voice of Meg from Family Guy.

It’s a Saturday in Charleston. What are you up to?: You can most likely find me on King Street folding t-shirts at The Vault. If I have the day off I’ll either be playing lacrosse or partaking in various recreational activities with my friends. If there’s a holiday or special occasion you can find me at my house, getting the place ready to have a big meeting with a lot of people and some really loud throwback tunes.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: After I graduate I hope to get a job in the film industry and start working my way up the ranks there. One day, I plan on sitting down to write what I will call my masterpiece, which is going to be a long story about something that I haven’t thought of yet. I want to see my masterpiece get published and eventually turned into a movie that doesn’t suck.

How’s the lacrosse team doing this year?: Our team is looking better than ever, and the school is giving us more support than they ever have. We’re about halfway through the season right now, and our most recent game against St Andrew’s was a huge win for us. The program is really on the rise and if we continue to work hard we are looking at a really successful season. If anybody is wondering when and where the games are, check out our schedule.

What do you love most about living in Charleston?: I want to start by giving a shout out to my people at Norm’s Pizza and Rite-Aid for always having my back. Other than that, Charleston has a great overall vibe to it – even when it rains and the whole place floods, it’s awesome to walk around and just look at stuff. 

Favorirte book or author?: My favorite author is probably Chuck Palahniuk, and my favorite that I’ve read by him so far would be Fight Club. He wrote a 7 page short story that was expanded into the entire novel. The original short story now lives as Chapter 6 in Fight Club. That’s a pretty big inspiration for me, considering the fact that Fight Club has since turned into a cult classic. Honorable mention to Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, because his dinosaurs were really badass, and I would have picked him if the sequel was better.

Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you: I guess one thing that most people don’t know about me is that I spend a lot of my free time writing. If you wanna see something that I’ve written and decided was worth showing people, you can go to extrachill.com. Nothing on there is what I would call a masterpiece, but you might find something that makes you take a step back and think for a minute.

Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.