This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

The Holy City is famous for a lot of different things; but, when it comes to Sunday brunch, Charleston is on a whole ‘nother level! From french toast to eggs benedict, and crab cakes, foodies beware and bring your appetites because these restaurants do not mess around. Here are, in my opinion, the best brunch spots in downtown Charleston!

Church & Union

Previously called 5 Church, Church & Union is located on the corner of Market and East Bay inside a beautiful church. Forget the food for a second because the decor is honestly worth the trip in itself! The giant stained glass windows set the ambiance while the high ceilings line the main room with quotes from the classic book The Art of War. Okay, enough about the place itself, let’s talk about the food! Anything you get from Church & Union will be delicious, the place is just that good! I got the french toast when I went for brunch and it was literally heaven on earth, so I will definitely be heading back there soon! A Saturday/Sunday morning brunch at Church & Union is a must-do in the Holy City!

82 Queen

Another beautiful restaurant in Charleston is 82 Queen located between King and Meeting streets. If you can, definitely enjoy the morning sun by eating outside in the courtyard. With the giant green plants, white lace arches, and delicious food, you are bound to feel like royalty! When I went to 82 Queen with my friends we all got a variety of things such as crab cake eggs benedict, crème brûlée french toast, and jambalaya. We were not disappointed!

Big Bad Breakfast

The BBB is a classic breakfast spot for my family and me whenever they come to Charleston! Unlike the first two, the BBB is more like your classic, southern family breakfast joint rather than a fancy brunch-type feel. However, the food is equally delicious! Every time I’ve gone here, my family and I have all gotten the breakfast skillets and sandwiches, items the BBB is most known for. Make sure you make a pit stop on the Eastside and enjoy breakfast any day of the week at Big Bad Breakfast!

Bodega

Currently operating out of Uptown Social, Bodega is set to open its separate location on Ann street sometime at the beginning of this year. To say the least, I am extremely pumped! Bodega is the hot spot for breakfast and lunch sandwiches to cure that weekend hangover and morning hunger. As a northerner, I have found that the south cannot perfect that classic New Jersey/New York breakfast sandwich. BUT, Bodega prides itself on bringing what the North does best to us in Charleston. In sammie form, of course!

Miller’s All Day

Imagine a place where you can get that classic Charleston brunch all day? Well, Miller’s All Day is the place to be—lol, get it?!! One of my biggest pet peeves is when breakfast restaurants close in the early afternoon. Like what’s a girl gotta do to get some biscuits and eggs? Get yourself down to the lower king and enjoy all Miller’s has to offer from delicious breakfast, coffee, and drinks!

Kiley is currently a junior at the College of Charleston and pursuing a major in Communication and minoring in Dance and Marketing. She is from Ocean City, New Jersey, and loves the summer and going to the beach. Whenever she is not dancing, she is usually hanging out with friends and family, going on long walks, getting coffee, or listening to good music!