Campus Celebrity: Chelsea Snipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Chelsea Snipes is a graduating senior, and soon-to-be doctor (give it a few years- paging Dr. Snipes) This past summer, she spent a month in Uganda getting a head start on her medical career. While Chelsea manages to do it all, she strongly advises “you can do anything, but not everything.”

Age: 21

Year: SeniorMajor: Biology and Business Administration Hometown: Dallas, TexasFavorite Show: Arrested DevelopmentFavorite Movie: The Thin Man

What are you involved with on campus?Phi Mu, Palmetto Medical Initiative and CofC EMS.

What are your plans after graduation?I will be starting an MD/MBA program at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX.

Do you have any advice for other students who want to apply to medical school?It’s a long process! Make a timeline and stick to it. Also, don’t let it consume your life, do things that you are passionate about and it will show.

Tell us a little bit about your Uganda trip.The trip was kind of an alignment of the stars! While interning at Palmetto Medical Initiative I learned of an ambulance that had been donated to their project in Masindi, Uganda. As a volunteer EMT I had the unique opportunity to design and implement an emergency response training project. I got funding support from CofC’s Honors College and the UNESCO Laura W. Bush Travelling Fellowship. It was hands down the best month of my life and I can’t wait to go back after I become a physician!

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?Well technically in 10 years I will be getting my first real job. So I guess I see myself actually getting hired?

What is your favorite memory from CofC?That is an impossible question!

What do you look for in a man?I think the biggest thing I’m looking for is someone who will challenge me. Intelligence is so attractive and it can set up the best sense of humor.

Describe your ideal first date.I’ve recently gotten into cooking so right now I think that my perfect first date would be making dinner at home. There would be no pressures or restaurant awkwardness and I could make self deprecating jokes about my chopping technique to break the ice!

I'm a junior Marketing major here at CofC, and I'm spending my remaining days at the College living life to the fullest. I'm a Her Campus Campus Correspondent, and a brand ambassador for a few fashion companies. I love traveling, the beach, decorating, and have an obsession with iced caramel macciatos. I watch the Kardashians religously and my all-time favorite movie is Legally Blonde. I'm a go getter and dream big. You can follow me on insta at @christine_pearson