Brooke Roman ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Brooke Roman

Year: Senior

Hometown: North Canton, Ohio

Major: History and Arts Management

Why did you choose CofC?I went on an East Coast College tour. I visited CofC first and I fell in love with the city. Then I saw the campus and I loved the feel, and the strong History program. It’s a great historic city, so it provides more opportunity for history students. I just had a good feeling after visiting and no other school stacked up.

Involvement On Campus:I’m the President of Phi Mu Fraternity. I’m also in the History Club, Rho Lambda, and Order of Omega.

Favorite Class: Understanding Creativity. We read a book called Creative Habit, it made me think about creativity in a different way!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10?Hopefully I will be 2 years out of law school, working at a law firm in Boston, Pittsburg, or Chicago. I would be working hard and loving it. In 10 years, I would hope to be an established lawyer, and giving back to nonprofit, maybe serving museum boards.

Dream Job:Supreme Court Justice/Actress

Favorite Restaurant:Husk

Describe yourself in 3 words:Driven, Compassionate, and Badass

Day in the Life of Brooke: Wake up – check the news – go to work (I give guided tours at historic homes with Charleston Museum) – eat lunch (usually Lean Cuisine) – go to class – respond to emails – do homework – hangout (with my awesome roommates) – sleep. 

Last Played Song on iTunes:America’s Sweetheart by L. King 

Caroline is a Junior Communication Major at the College of Charleston. She keeps herself busy with her duties as a member of the Executive Committee of Phi Mu, the Charleston 40 Tour Guide Association, and Netflix. She spends her days traipsing through the cobblestone streets of Charleston to the musical stylings of Taylor Swift, aspiring to be more like Beyoncé, and leaving a little sparkle wherever she goes...