Bri Sullivan ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Bri SullivanYear: 2019Major: UndecidedHometown: Stafford, Virginia

Why did you choose to come to CofC?I got a full ride for basketball & I’m utterly obsessed with the beach and warm weather. Also, the campus is beautiful and felt homey when I first visited.

Talk to me more about basketball, how has it been coming onto the team as a freshman?Honestly, it’s been difficult being on a Division 1 college basketball team because you’re being pushed way beyond your limits and the transition was rocky at times. It’s also been wonderful building new relationships and just having my dreams of playing college basketball fulfilled.

When is your first game, who are playing, and what are you most looking forward to this season?Our first real game is November 13th, and we’re hosting Houston. I’m looking forward to game days, just being in season, and traveling all over the country to play.

How do you balance school and basketball?At CofC, athletes get a lot of help and resources that keep us on top of things. We have study hall, tutors, and advisors that help us with anything we need. Also, our schedules are pretty structured so everything is planned out for us, we just have to show up to practice and do what we’re supposed to do.

Outside of going to classes, and basketball practice what do you like to do on your free time?Sleep and hang out with my teammates. Usually we’re pretty tired so we just like to chill.

What are some tips you can give to collegiate student-athletes?I would say to always stay ahead of the game with athletics and academics. Also, to always support and be there for your teammates.

See Bri, and the rest of the CofC Womens Basketball Team in action November 13th against Houston at the TD Arena! Go Cougars!

Ashantai, commonly known as Tai, is a freshman at the College of Charleston majoring in Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She has enjoyed writing since she was little, and is super excited to be apart of the HerCampus team.