This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.
Name: Ashton Gray
Hometown: Pawleys Island, SC
Class: 2016
Major: Biology
Campus Involvement: RUF, Relay for Life, & Fashion Club 
Single or Taken: Single and Fabulous

What made you decide to come to CofC? I fell in love with the campus and Charleston alone is a gorgeous city; who wouldn’t want to live here? 

What are the top three things on your bucket list? Travel the world – I’d really like to visit England someday, write a book on all of my wild and traumatic babysitting encounters, and truly make a difference in someone else’s life. 

What is the best or most ridiculous pick up line you’ve tried to use on a guy? This one time at summer camp…(haha just kidding, but really)…Each day tweets were recognized at large group and I decided to throw one into the mix. Seeing as it was a church retreat, my friends and I tweeted at a few guys from Stanford and it went a little something like this: “So I was reading the book of Numbers last night and realized I didn’t have yours…” The sad thing was, my tweet was never read!

Do you have any hidden talents? I’m still trying to figure that one out.

What is the first thing you notice about a guy? His shoes. Definitely his shoes. Flip flops are a huge turn off for me.

What is your life motto? “Never regret, for at one point it was what you wanted.”

Do you have any embarrassing or awkward relationship stories? Where to begin…every moment seems to be awkward. 

What is the best relationship advice you’ve ever received? “Take me as I am or watch me as I go.”

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas season? Going home and spending time with family, especially the ones I only see once a year. Oh, and the food.

Kaylee is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Franklin, Virginia.  She has a passion for all of the arts from writing to dance to fashion.  Hoping to one day pursue a career as a museum curator, she is planning to double major in Arts Management and Historic Preservation with a minor in Communication.  Outside of Her Campus, Kaylee is the executive assistant of the CofC Fashion Club and a member of Circle K.