This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Annabel Carrington

Age: 18

Hometown: White Stone, Virginia.

Campus Involvement: Varsity Sailing Team.

Why did you come to Cof C?: The sailing team, the weather and the beautiful campus.

Favorite spot in Charleston?: Queen street because of the art galleries and the cool buildings.

Favorite movie?: Horton Hears a Who!

Favorite outdoor activity?: Skiing in West Virginia and playing tennis.

Favorite celebrity?: Zac Efron.

Best concert you’ve ever been to?: Darius Rucker in Charleston on the beach.

Coolest place you’ve ever been to?: India. I hiked in the Himilayas and stayed in a village with a homestay.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?: New Zealand because it’s unlike anyplace I’ve ever been to.

Cats or dogs?: Both.

Coffee or tea?: Tea.

Land or water?: Water.

If you were an animal, what would you be?: Ladybug, they’re my spirit animal.

Catherine Shanley grew up in a small town called Hampton, New Hampshire. Living an hour from the mountains, an hour from the city of Boston, and only 5 minutes from the beach, she loves hiking, hanging out at the beach, and exploring big cities. Involved in the College of Charleston's track and field team, she loves to workout and stay active. She also loves to travel, read, and oil paint. After working on her high school's student newspaper, Catherine wanted to join HerCampus to stay involved with journalism and learn more about the College of Charleston!