This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

In the fall, I wrote an article called, “Amazing Things Coming out this October! (Especially in Charleston).” I wanted to do another one for the spring to reflect on how far I have come since my second Her Campus article, and to celebrate that I have completed 7 more since then. Anyways, I wanted to give an inside scoop on what to do in Charleston in the spring, in case you find yourself here:

Beach Please

There’s nothing like the beach! The beautiful, calming waves crashing on the shore and feeling the warm breeze on your face as well as the bright Charleston sunshine. Be sure not to get burnt; even when it does not feel too warm, be sure to put on sunscreen!! The closest beaches to the College of Charleston campus are Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island, and Folly Beach. However, you can also go to Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island, which are each about an hour drive from the College and downtown Charleston.

Shopping on King Street

Shopping and spending money are so much fun, and there are some of the cutest boutiques in Charleston. If you have a dog, stop by Woof Gang Bakery and Grooming on King Street. If you are looking to shop at the best boutiques in Charleston, stop by Girl Tribe Co. There are also big-name stores on King, such as Vans, Urban Outfitters, Kendra Scott, and Lululemon on Upper King and free people on Lower King near El Jefe. 

Shopping at the Market

As one of the oldest buildings in Charleston, the Market (also known as the City Market) lets local artists and small businesses sell their products! I highly recommend C.C. Friedheim’s beautiful handmade phone cases, as well as the ring stands because the rings do not rust!

Ice Cream at Jeni’s and Off Track

Off Track, located on Beaufain Street, offers both vegan and traditional ice cream options with organic and locally sourced ingredients. It is definitely one of my favorite ice cream shops, and my favorite ice cream is the vegan cookies and cream. Jeni’s is located on Upper King and offers delicious ice cream with a waffle cone. It is so good you have to try it!

Walking the Battery

The Battery is a beautiful walking area with a lovely view of the Cooper River. I highly recommend having a picnic at White Point gardens, which is the park area on The Battery. 

Hometown is Leesburg, Virginia Graduation year: 2024 instagram: jessica.kach