7 DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Who needs a significant other when you can spend V-Day in a DIY frenzy?! Forget chocolate and flowers!  Get out your glue guns and construction paper, and get going on your pink and red-themed art therapy. Enjoy these 7 Pinterest inspired Valentine’s Day crafts.

1. Candy Filled Valentines

Super easy and super yummy!  And, who wouldn’t want to open up a heart to MORE candy on Valentine’s Day?

2. Crayon Hanging Hearts

These look fabulous hanging in any window, but think how awesome these would look in the windows of your Charleston dorm or apartment!

3. Glittery Heart Snow Globes

Keep your inner child entertained with these awesome gifts!

4. Patterned Heart Garland

The perfect dorm decor, no matter what time of the year it is!  Plus, they’re super easy to make with string, paper and clothes pins!

5. Felt Coffee Cup Sleeve

For those long, cold morning walks to campus.  All you need is felt, glue and very little artistic ability.  

6. Heart Bookmark

Because CVS receipts just don’t look as good as real bookmarks.

7. Valentine’s-Themed Oreo Truffles

Delicious desserts are their own special art form.  These are sure to win hearts on Valentine’s Day, or year round.  

I'm a senior English major with a concentration in Creative Writing at CofC originally from Boston. I'm also a member of the Honors College, Literati, and HSA here at the College. I love libraries, Target, and exploring; and I am way too emotionally invested in fictional characters. I'm currently leaving the love of my life (the ocean) behind to study abroad in London for the semester.