7 Actors To Watch Out For in 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

1.       Rosamund Pike

Rosamund Pike has been acting since she was a teenager in the late 90’s, but it wasn’t until her breakout role in Gone Girl last October that she became more of a household name. Expect to hear her name much more in 2015.

Major works so far: Gone Girl, Pride & Prejudice, Jack ReacherWhat she’ll be in this year: Return to Sender, Thunderbirds Are Go!

2.       Lily James

Lily James hasn’t been in the business very long, but she has a lot of upcoming projects this year, including the lead role of this year’s live action adaptation of Disney’s Cinderella. Remember her name!

Major works so far: Wrath of the Titans, Downton AbbeyWhat she’ll be in this year: Cinderella, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Untitled John Wells Project, War and Peace

3.       Thomas Brodie-Sangster

Yes, this is the kid from Love Actually. He’s also had roles in some other pretty major movies and TV shows (*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*). You should really already know who he is, but if you don’t, you definitely will by the end of 2015.

Major works so far: The Maze Runner, Nanny McPhee, Phineas and FerbWhat he’ll be in this year: Wolf Hall, Thunderbirds Are Go!, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials

4.       Karen David

Karen has been acting for a while now, but she hasn’t played a major role until ABC’s comedy/musical, Galavant, in which she plays Princess Isabella. She also has a beautiful voice!

Major works so far: Batman Begins, Jack Ryan: Shadow RecruitWhat she’ll be in this year: Galavant, The Tiger Hunter, Kickback

5.       Jamie Dornan

You probably already know Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey coming out this February. Whether you’re a fan of Fifty Shades or not, Jamie Dornan is an actor you should remember.

Major works so far: Once Upon A Time, Marie AntoinetteWhat he’ll be in this year: Fifty Shades of Grey, Untitled John Wells Project, The 9th Live of Louis Drax

6.       Gina Rodriguez

Gina Rodriguez has a pretty long list of movies and TV shows she’s been in. Most recently, she’s captured our hearts as Jane in The CW’s Jane the Virgin, which she won a Golden Globe for earlier this year. It’s safe to say we’ll be seeing a lot more of Gina in 2015.

Major works so far: Our Family Wedding, Army WivesWhat she’ll be in this year: Jane the Virgin, Sharon 1.2.3., Sticky Notes

7.       Hayley Atwell

Hayley Atwell is Marvel’s sweetheart. If you don’t know already, she plays Peggy Carter, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in the 1940’s who kicks butt while keeping her red lipstick perfect. Hayley is also a feminist and a positive role model for women everywhere. If you’re an Avengers fan, you’ll be seeing a lot of Hayley this year, but if not, you should love her anyways.

Major works so far: Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The DuchessWhat she’ll be in this year: Agent Carter, Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man

Erin Wiley is a junior at the College of Charleston, pursuing an AB degree in Arts Management with a minor in Communication. She has been writing for Her Campus for almost two years and created and maintains Her Campus CofC's Pinterest page. She loves everything from music to movies to fashion, and everything in between. After college, she hopes to do something in the entertainment industry, working with either a music producer or a film company. In her spare time, Erin likes to read, watch movies, and walk around historic downtown Charleston.