Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Spring Break Plans for When You’re On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With spring break just around the corner, it can be a pretty daunting thought to think about what you’ll do if you don’t have any plans. So I’ve compiled a list of six fun things to do that even people on a tight budget can accomplish for some super great times. 

1. Go to the Park

Studies have shown that interaction with nature can be beneficial for your health and help improve mood, motivation, and self-esteem. Just taking a short walk can do you a lot of good! (Source)

2. Go Window Shopping

You can spend time in stores like Ikea and spend the day mentally planning your future home/apartment. Going with friends if you can is even more exciting because you can compare design tastes and showcase your creativity.

3. Go Shopping for a Wedding Dress

Hear me out on this one: Grabbing a group of friends and pretending to be getting married can be lots of fun. Trying on different dresses with your ‘bridal party’ is guaranteed to lift your spirits and be a good time.

4. Movie Night

Turning on a good movie on Netflix or Hulu with your best pals and face masks and snacks is good cheap fun. And if you’re feeling extra awesome go for a whole movie marathon!

5. Try a New Recipe

Pop out the Pinterest board and try a new recipe out for yourself. Not only do you get a delicious meal but you get to further perfect your chef skills.

6. Go to a Yard Sale

Short on cash but still love new things? Going to a yard sale is a great way to get new items for a steal. Plus you can up your haggling skills to get the best deal for you. 

Shy King

C of C '22

My name is Shy and I currently attend College of Charleston - Class of 2022. I’m interested in just about a little of everything!