This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Feeling super single this year and dreading February 14th? Well, we’ve got your solution.

Instead of spending “Valentine’s Day” with you significant other, spend Galentine’s Day with  your favorite gal pals! This awesome tradition, started by Leslie Knope in “Parks and Recreation,” is such a fun way to bond with your closest friends. So take the day and try out these awesome ideas for guaranteed laughter, entertainment, and, of course, great food!

1. Kick the day off with a delicious brunch.

Jack’s Café, Toast and Hominy Grill are a few local faves that are not too expensive for our beloved southern meal.  

2. Enjoy Second Sunday on King Street.

Enjoy this themed edition of the Second Sunday – shopping, lunch and dog-watching – with a few more hearts in the mix.

3. Go on a dessert crawl.

There are few things that we love more than dessert and Charleston has some of the best bakeries in the country! Be sure to check out WildFlour Pastry, Sugar Bakeshop or King Street Cookies.

4. Get mani-pedis.

This is for sure one of the best ways to relax and unwind with a bunch of your favorite ladies. Pink and red nails, anyone?

5. Go on an adventure.

Check out some place you’ve never been before, on and off the Peninsula. A niche art gallery, one of the many beautiful (and historic) plantations or explore a new street (Lagare St. was recently voted best for exploring in the entire city.)

6. Make homemade pizzas and cookies.

What could be more festive than heart-shaped dinner and dessert?

However you spend February 14th, collegiettes, make sure to spend if with the people you love!

I'm a senior English major with a concentration in Creative Writing at CofC originally from Boston. I'm also a member of the Honors College, Literati, and HSA here at the College. I love libraries, Target, and exploring; and I am way too emotionally invested in fictional characters. I'm currently leaving the love of my life (the ocean) behind to study abroad in London for the semester.