freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Do in Charleston for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Well Valentine’s Day is right around the corner people.  Let’s get pumped! Personally, I love Valentine’s Day. I think it’s a great day to appreciate love with your friends, family, boyfriend/girlfriend and really anyone special in your life. Whether you’re spending this day as a Galentine’s Day or a Valentine’s Day I’ve got some great places that you can go to to have a great day (or night)!

1. Picnic in the Park

Photo from Charleston Hot Spots.

Take a walk down to the battery and have a picnic in Battery Park. This is a great way to get outside and walk around our beautiful city. After site seeing you can have a picnic in the park next to the water and bring a speaker to just relax. A perk to this idea is that it is cheap and also romantic, so this will be something you can enjoy with that special someone!

2. Beach Trip

Photo from Visit Folly.

Take a trip to Folly Beach! This is a great place to go and lay in an eno under the pier or walk to the different restaurants on Folly. This is a perfect Galentine’s Day date for you and all of your girlfriends too! You could go for sunrise or sunset and take cute pictures or just watch the sun.  

3. Nice Dinner

Photo from Eater Charleston.

Try a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant (which there are tons of in Charleston). I’ve heard really great reviews on the Darling Oyster Bar, Poogan’s Porch and Magnolias. This could be a nice time to spend with the one you love and enjoy a nice meal together. Although these places are pricey it’s worth it to be able to get dressed up and have a night on the town with your significant other.

4. Shopping Spree

Photo from Pinterest.

This is a great Galentine’s Day date–a shopping spree on King Street. Get your closest girlfriends together and take King Street by storm to do some shopping! There are so many great stores to go to and it would be a fun afternoon for you all. 

5. Homecooked Meal and a Movie

Photo from The Odyssey Online

Finally, the last thing that would be a good date for Valentine’s Day would be to cook dinner at home, watch a movie, curl up on the couch and just enjoy each others company. Not only is this intimate but it also takes any pressure off your Valentine’s Day date.  

Valentine’s day is about love and we hope you love some of these ideas.  Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day, collegiettes!

Madeleine Sanders is currently a sophmore at the College of Charleston. She is an Arts Management major and in her free time can be found looking at pictures of puppies or spending hours in Sephora. Besides being involved with Her Campus, Madeleine is also a part of Phi Mu. She can't wait to see what college has in store for her and to help other collegiettes with their college experience as well.