This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

I hate gray, rainy weather. Especially being in the upstate where there’s a fair amount of rain from Florence, the weather makes me feel lethargic and tired. That being said, I like to do things to brighten those days a bit. My activity of choice? Movies! So to help others bring some sunshine to the indoors here’s five of my favorite movies to watch in the rain.*

*There is no preference order here, ranking them would be like choosing a favorite child ;)

1. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- Unlike the days I watch it, it’s about a high schooler who decides to skip school for the day to hang out around Chicago on a beautiful day with his friends. It’s such a quotable, laughable, fun comedy that always makes me want to “twist and shout!”. Watch the movie, you’ll get the reference.                  

2. Mamma Mia!- First off, who doesn’t love to sing along to ABBA  music?! I can’t help but sing along with “Dancing Queen” and “Lay All Your Love on Me”. With the backdrop of Greece and Meryl Streep in the center of this cheesy musical family love story, you can’t help but smile throughout the entire thing!                                                                                                            

3. The Princess Bride- As the grandfather says at the beginning of the movie, “are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…” This movie has it all. Taking you to a land far, far, away and into a love story with pirates, princes, death, and a bit of comedy, Peter Falk guides the viewer through it all and making you wish you were in Florin too. As the grandson says, “Doesn’t sound too bad. I’ll try to stay awake.”

4. The Princess Diaries- A classic Anne Hathaway never hurt anybody! Watching Julie Andrews transform Anne into a princess fit to rule their country of Genovia always makes me happy. Of course, hearing her say “Shut up!” is even better.

5. Ocean’s 8- Sandra, Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina, and Helena Bonham Carter. Need I say more?

Full time student, part time awards show predictor, full time recommender of television shows, movies, and books.