This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s October, and that means the air is getting colder, the leaves are starting to turn colors, and it’s finally time to participate in fall festivities! However, COVID-19 is making it pretty hard to enjoy this time of year. Here are 5 fun fall activities you can do with friends and family while still being safe during the global pandemic!

Visit a Pumpkin Patch 

Pumpkin patches are the perfect way to get into the fall spirit while maintaining social distance, since the large field of pumpkins makes it easy to spread out from other parties. Grab your friends, family, and camera, and visit your local pumpkin patch!

Watch A Halloween Movie

What’s a better way to get into the spooky spirit than with a spooky movie? There are so many Halloween cinematic masterpieces, and all are perfect for getting into the fall mood! Cuddle up with your friends and loved ones on the couch and turn on a Halloween favorite!

Visit a Corn Maze

Corn Mazes are a super fun and challenging way to get into the fall spirit. Grab your friends, boots, and navigating skills and get lost at your local corn maze!

Carve Jack-O’-Lanterns

Carving jack-o’-lanterns is a fun way to get creative this fall season! Pick the perfect pumpkin, make a cute design, and get to carving!

Make Delicious Fall Treats 

Fall is the perfect time to bake delicious treats. Pumpkin pie, snickerdoodles, and cinnamon muffins are all perfect, drool-worthy snacks. Grab some friends, follow that recipe, and indulge in some fall desserts!

I hope you enjoy these COVID-friendly fall activities and enjoy this spooky season!

Haley Baker

C of C '24

Hey Y’all! I’m Haley and I’m from Moncks Corner, SC, but Charleston is where I call home! I’m a freshman this year and am super excited to be apart of the Her Campus team! I’m studying International Business and Political Science. I can’t wait to share so many new things I learn this year in the Holy City!