5 Bewitching Halloweek Activities in Charleston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! Halloweek is just around the corner and there’s no point in doing the same thing night after night. There are so many fun activities going on downtown and in the surrounding areas! Grab your friends and switch up your schedule by choosing one of these fun Halloween activities. 

• Boone Hall Plantation Fright Night

Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night from now through November 2nd,  Boone Hall hosts their infamous Fright Nights. They combine live performances with terror technology to provide a thrilling experience. Choose from Castle Mid-Evil, Zombie Town, Wicked Woods Hayride, and Little Amy’s Nightmare in 3D, or combine all your favorites to experience the ultimate fright night! 

• Underwater Pumpkin Carving

On Thursday, October 31 at 11:00 a.m., the Charleston Aquarium is holding a pumpkin carving contest. This competition takes place in the Great Tank and is free with general aquarium admission.

• Haunted Jail Tour

Walk down to Magazine Street with a group of friends and take a tour of the cells and living quarters in the Old City Jail. This building housed POWs, well-known serial killers, and criminals for over 100 years. The retelling of first-hand stories and the possibility of seeing a ghost adds suspense to this bone-chilling tour of Charleston’s most haunted building! 

• Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch

Do you feel like unleashing your inner Martha Stewart? Head over to Boone Hall Plantation and pick the perfect orange pumpkin to finish off your autumn holiday display. While you’re there, be sure to check out the corn maze, hayride, petting zoo, rock climbing wall and other enjoyable activities.

• Girl’s Night In

Plan a get together with your closest girls and have a Girls Night In! There are tons of easy to make recipes for holiday themed foods or baked goods and endless Pinterest posts with the latest and most creative Halloween nail art suggestions. You can even make your own campfire circle and share your own scary, spooky stories while enjoying your pumpkin spice lattes and ghost shaped sugar cookies! 

Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.