element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

4 Gift Ideas to #Win the Season of Giving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year and also the most busy. Finals are coming. You’ll be back home seeing your hometown friends and restarting your job. And before you know it, it will be December 24th. You will be found in Target’s dollar section scrambling to buy cheap face masks and chocolate that honestly, your friends do not want…

But no stress! This basic b*tch mistake can easily be fixed with a little planning and thinking ahead. Here are thoughtful (and affordable) gifts that will make you queen of the season of giving.

Journalism subscription

Remember when you weren’t able to influence the election by hitting refresh on repeat? And while you were on the site, you looked to the side and something that piqued your curiosity. You went to click, and failed. You had maxed out your free page views. Don’t let your friends suffer and buy them a subscription.

Cost: $1/a week from The New York Times

Computer stickers

Computer stickers are customizable, cheap, and not something you can pick up at Walgreens. This gift will show you put some thought (and fun) into it. On Etsy, you can pay artists to make custom stickers, potentially of an inside joke or an old picture. Or you can find a sticker for anything they love, whether it’s Call Her Daddy or Spongebob Squarepants. 

Cost: < $10 per sticker, with shipping

Wooden charcuterie board

The holidays are made for snacking with your friends and catching up on those long months away. What better way to do this than over a charcuterie tray? Rhyme intended. Pick up a small charcuterie board as a gift and also make a girls’ night out of it. 

Cost: < $20 for a medium-size board

Disposable camera

Disposable cameras are back, and everyone loves them. Help your friends build their scrapbooks, VSCOs, and Instagrams and make memories along the way. Also, consider the long IG photoshoots done (!) for better or for worse. Hey, maybe you can use the camera to document the charcuterie! 

Cost: < $15 for 1 camera

Happy shopping!

XO,

Charlotte

Charlotte Heinrich is a freshman living in Charleston, South Carolina. When Charlotte isn't writing her latest story, you can find her dancing around her dorm or buried in clothes at the local thrift store. Reach out to Charlotte on Instagram, @charlottefh.