4 Fall Fashion Trends for Charleston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

If you look around C of C’s campus on a busy weekday morning, or around King Street on any Friday night, you are bound to notice bunches of great outfits. Fall fashion is unique in Charleston, because as students at northern schools start unpacking their fall sweaters, we still have a few months left of baring our shoulders and showing off our tans. So what are the always-trendy girls of Charleston wearing this autumn?  Here are four of the hottest noticeable trends around campus.

1. The Crop Top

Top by Tobi

The trend that you either love or hate is back again in a big way. Pair it with either a high waisted skirt or shorts to show a more modest sliver of midriff, perfect for a night out on the town. As an added bonus, this trend might even give you the motivation you need to do those last couple of crunches at the gym.

2. The Maxi Skirt

Skirt by Brandy Melville

Your favorite easy-breezy summertime staple still works for back to school! Wear it with a t-shirt or tank during the day and dress it up with a crop top and some wedges for night.  If it gets a little chilly, wear a sweater and some ankle boots for an effortlessly cool look that will make you the envy of all the girls in Cougar Mall.

3. The Printed Pant

Pants from Urban Outfitters

This versatile trend can be worn many ways. You can let your free spirit fly and rock a bell-bottomed pair. Likewise, you can look a more glam and polished with a tailored pair in a more subdued print.

4. Cutouts

Sweater from Urban Outfitters

Cutouts are great way to still show off your summery skin while dressing for fall. Everyone knows cutouts look great in dresses for a night out, but show how fashion forward you are by rocking a cut off sweater to class.

College of Charleston Sophomore
Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.